- Start your day the healthy way with yoga
- Yoga helps improve flexibility and strength
- Chakrasana May Help You Boost Thyroid Function
Yoga can help you stay fit and healthy. It promotes your mental and physical health. Practicing yoga daily will also help you improve your flexibility, strength, and strength. You can start your day with an energizing yoga session. There are several yoga postures to choose from. Each of them can benefit your health in more than one way. If you are a beginner, it may take a while for your body to perform different postures perfectly. Nutritionist and yoga teacher, Munmun Ganeriwal took to social media to share three basic yoga poses you must add to your routine. Read on to learn more about these yoga poses.
3 yoga poses you must try daily
1. Upward plank pose (Purvottanasana)
This yoga pose is beneficial for your shoulders, arms, wrists, and more. It can also help you improve respiratory health. You can also relieve stress, tension and anxiety with this yoga pose. Purvottanasana also strengthens the lower back and improves balance.
- While sitting on the floor with your legs straight out, place your hands a few inches behind you making sure your fingers are pointing backwards
- Lean back slightly on your hands, bringing your shoulder blades together
- Lift your hip as high as possible, making sure your knees are straight with your feet flat on the floor and not turning out
- In the final posture, the body should be in a straight line
Hole laying for 10 seconds to 1 minute. Release the pose to sit on the mat and relax.
Also read: Yoga to improve mental health
2. Downward dog posture (Adho mukha svanasana)
Performing this yoga pose is beneficial for your bones, legs, and arms. It can help tone the trunk and improve blood flow to the brain. It will also improve your body posture.
- Lie on your stomach and keep your palms at the sides of your chest
- Make sure your fingers are pointing towards the head with the feet slightly apart
- Exhale and lift your core until your arms are straight.
- Move your head inward towards the feet
- As you turn your toes down, lift your knees off the floor
- You need to keep your elbows and knees straight and rest your heels on the mat
Hold this posture for about a minute and remember to keep breathing.
Also Read: 5 Simple And Effective Yoga Poses For Back Pain You Can Do At Home – Step By Step Guide For Each Pose
3. Pose of the wheel (Chakrasana)
This is one of the yoga poses that beginners must try. It stimulates the functioning of the thyroid gland. It can also help relieve back pain. You can also try this pose for losing belly fat.
- Stand on your back
- Keep your palms above the shoulders with the fingers pointing towards the feet
- Bend your legs at your knees and make sure your feet are firmly placed on the floor
- Lift both your trunk and head, until your arms are straight
- Arch your back and continue to pull your thigh muscles upward, making sure your body weight is resting on your palms and soles.
Breathe normally and try to hold the pose for a minute. Later, slowly release the pose and relax.
Read also: Yoga for beginners
Try these yoga poses today and give your overall health a boost!
Disclaimer: This content, including tips, provides generic information only. It does not in any way replace qualified medical advice. Always consult a specialist or your own doctor for more information. NDTV does not claim responsibility for this information.